Saturday 26 September 2015

Thoughts this morning

Syed Azmi

I was just scrolling through facebook and came across this post from Friends of BN. https://www.facebook.com/frensofbn/posts/10153388667569998

I hope that you guys do know who Syed Azmi is. Well his most notable work has been the "I want to touch a dog" event which created a big stir in the ever critical and sensitive Muslim community in Malaysia. What most Malaysians do not know about Syed Azmi is that he is a charismatic, charitable and caring person who has been contributing to the society by organizing events such as soup kitchens, giving to the homeless and more. He has been posting in the infamous TTDI facebook page for a long time always with his tamakpahala hashtag up till the fateful day where he left the group to avoid repercussions for his "I want to touch a dog" event. Just so you guys know, the name of the event is a little misleading for its actual objectives. He created the event for Muslims to be more comfortable being nicer to dogs and also to teach them how to wash themselves after touching a dog. He invited Imam speakers if I am not mistaken to the event to give talks.

A big confession before I go any further, I have not met him or been to any of his events before but I have been reading about his events and seeing pictures on Facebook for quite some time. Most of my time in Australia actually. I just think that this guy is a real hero and he deserves every bit of my respect. I do not think he will be able to read this but if he does, "Keep up what you're doing and don't ever doubt it!"



Catan

Since i'll be under house arrest for 5 months. Does anyone want to play Settlers of Catan with me? :) I will be buying the expansion packs I think and I think it would be a fun thing to do it every now and then. Please comment if you would like to be part of my Catan group!



4 comments: