Wednesday 23 September 2015

First Week

I just realised I have so much to write till my brain cannot compartmentalize things. I'll just write a short blog post on my first week here. So the first day was pretty shit Monday.... Ew I had 3 drugs dripped into me as well as countless oral drugs. And to top things off I did not have a central catheter in yet so there was some danger of the drugs leaking out of my veins. That was pretty bad. So after the whole day in hospital, I came home and slept for 4 hours i think. Just knocked out like a light. When i woke up it was 9.30 and I hadnt had my dinner. My mum was forcing me to eat so I went down to eat dinner. Dinner tasted like sawdust. It was so bad. I had no appetite and was feeling so tired. Thanks mum, fritz, kai and felicia for pushing me to eat stuff to maintain my energy. Love you! Oh and not forgetting, thanks mum for all the water !!! haha

The next day, I felt so much better. Like I had appetite and wasnt too tired and was looking forward to chemo because it was only gonna be one drug dripped into me. End up spending 3 hours there cause the drug was dripping in so slowly -.-" Anyway I went home and was pretty perky and okay and even dota-ed a few games and skyped with Felicia. And i felt really okay. Slept around 10-ish.

This morning(3rd day) had to wake up early as I was going to get my central catheter in. This would be in for about 2 months or more. Wasnt sure how long they wanted to keep it in. And i went there at 7. Managed to get my appointment pushed forward xD. And also when I was in the theatre lying down all prepped and ready to go, they asked me where's my PICC (the device). I was like WTF? Apparently, I was supposed to be told to buy it before going for the minor surgery thingy. But i didnt so my mum ended up having to rush down to the pharmacy to buy it and get it done. It cost about RM700 and the procedure was RM300. Oh while we're on the subject of prices, my chemo everyday costs RM30. IT IS REALLY CHEAP! I mean I expected way more even for government standard. LOL, Anyway today went as well as yesterday, I am now up. :) Fish and ju came to visit and I am waiting for jay, hun and kai come tonight! Really grateful for the support guys. Thanks again. And also thanks to my mum for following me everywhere! And dad for driving me. ;')
Cathether >< (PICC)

No comments:

Post a Comment