Thursday 24 September 2015

Felicia, Flights and Distance :(

How I Met My Girlfriend

This post is going to be long. :P Just telling some backstory on how we met and how we came to be together... I know some of you know the story already but I am just putting this out there for everyone as I want people to know how important Felicia is in my life. :')

We hearken back to those ancient times 5 years ago (dafuq) when I was in IMU in my first week. I was just casually strolling around being divided into groups for orientation when I saw this girl in a simple cream dress with heels. She was walking behind her group looking absolutely ravishing and I wondered whether I was the only one looking. I would bet a lot on me not being the only one. Hahaha. Anyway that was my first sight of her. To be honest, I did not expect what was coming next. BUUTTTTT... the very next day, she was in my PBL! (small group teaching sesh every week) I was like this is awesome! So much easier for me now. So I faked a "post PBL discussion" hahahaha. To discuss about dividing learning targets and when we're late, we can contact each other *winkwink*. And guess what? I got her number! I guess that's the smoothest and most non-creepy way of doing it. Haha. But i did use my resources eh? So we started messaging and decided to fetch her to one of the IMU orientation night things. And we did not really do much there to be honest. Just had a short chat with her then decided to actually plan a proper date to watch a movie at One Utama.

This was the most embarassing date tho.... On that night, I picked her up. I guess it was awkward enough that I had to park my car a distance away as a FUNERAL was going on nearby her house and blocking my car from entering into her road. hehe bad luck bad luck. I walked her from her house to the car with people at the funeral staring. -.- While travelling to One Utama, I could tell we were hitting it off in the car by the conversation we were having. There was no awkward silences or any sort of kinks in our link. However, when we reached the cinema, I reached into my wallet to grab our movie tickets... I normally keep my movie tickets in the same compartment as my money. I was searching for it and nope.... Cant find it. I was like shit.... First date forget movie tickets gg... But surprisingly, Felicia just laughed it off. And she actually was still laughing even when I parked outside my house to pick the tickets up from my mum. Needless to say, it was embarassing but up till now, Felicia still laughs at it. :(

Short message to Felicia : I know we've been going through some tough times lately and I just want to assure you that we will get through it. I know I have not been very appreciative lately and that is my fault. But I want you to know I do appreciate you very much. Looking forward to your birthday!!! <3


Flights

Couple of months back, I bought a ticket through STAtravel which is a realllyyyyy good place to buy tickets from for students by the way. I really recommend them and their customer service is awesome. Well if you're in Australia. I was suppose to visit Felicia in Nov and possibly tour Europe as well. (Lichun remember I asked you about it? haha) The decision to cancel the ticket was due to the fact that my treatment wouldn't be short and I don't know when the treatment might end. I hope that I would get to finish my treatment before your graduation though, Felicia.


Distance

Many people wonder how me and Felicia did LDR for a long time. Honestly, it is not easy. There has to be a level of trust, a level of love and a lot of effort. I do know me and Felicia have made a lot of effort in making LDR work and I am glad that we have this part of our journey to tell our kids or friends. I still cannot wait for us to be reunited again and this is going to be the hardest year because we will only be seeing each other next July and also this year will be the hardest year for us because of lymphoma. We skype as much as we can. And text as much as we can. I guess sometimes distance gives us the time to reflect on stuff alone and gives both of us some space for our own lives. And to make things a lot easier, both of us are busy with medicine and that takes up a lot of time and effort which also gives us less free time to "mess" around. Haha.

To conclude, this post is for Felicia but it is also for people to appreciate what they have and a reminder to hold on to what is important. @ju @kev


1st year Anniversary 20/10/2011



IMU Prom 2012

UK 2013





UK with Lichun Dec 2014


July 2015

2 comments:

  1. so glad for the both of you that you have each other. <3
    keeping you, felicia and your family in my prayers. stay strong always, andrew.
    - Sandra

    ReplyDelete