Monday 12 October 2015

Monday #3

Yesterday night, I managed to get out of the house after such a long time. Went out with Hy, Ju, Kev, Bea, Huihun, Jay, and Fish. It was a fun night out and we went to Olfactory Bulb. (I am still laughing at this name seriously) No idea why cafes have to have such hip names. Here are some pics from last night. The coffee was so-so but the concept was quite interesting. It is a cafe which emphasizes on coffee mixology and they mix them with alcohol. The alcoholic drinks were pricy though.


Some cocktail drink of Hy's

Some alcoholic waffle for the alcoholics Hy and Bea.
Seems like a cool shot that i took of the "Bar"

Cute fat Asian boy and his waffle
My matcha latte
They gave us a little bookmark thing to draw on and hang on their wall


Guess where everyone is. XD

This morning, I was reading my Facebook newsfeed and I came across this. I am pretty sure I've read this before and it is just sorta an Aesop fable kinda thing where you learn some life lesson from a short story. This story was about a husband initially thought to be selfishly leaving his wife on a sinking ship and his wife shouted to him to take care of their daughter. Yeah read it for yourself. It is quite short and sweet.

http://www.upmoments.com/husband-pushes-wife-to-save-himself/

Today's random story started with me going downstairs and looking around my fridge. My mum asked me,"What are you looking for?" "I think I dreamt my friend gave me pineapple tarts," I replied. My mum laughed and said, "Yeah, I think you were dreaming." I came across the pineapple tarts and said, "There! Haha." "Oh yeah I didn't get a chance to see what was inside the plastic bag," Mum said. "YES!" I cheered, "I wasn't dreaming after all!"

Went to hospital today to get my endoscopy result and to see my doctor. The endoscopy result was just some chronic gastritis which is not caused by any infection or malignancy. My white cell count dropped which means I definitely can't go out anymore and less outside food too. Doctor said that I will be starting chemo on Monday 19/10 and she will need to recalculate the dosages again as my white cell count has dropped. Really dreading that Monday. That's it for today. Hope you like today's post!


P.S. Thanks viv, val and von for the pineapple tarts XD

2 comments:

  1. damnnn that's a really nice story! but i doubt kids these days would appreciate the essence of it :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep. haha kids these days only know ipad, games and movies

      Delete